Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ so that the holiday joy will spread.
Surf around your friendslist (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf—to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not—it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
1. Fanart/fanfics from any of my fandoms. Hell, it'd kick so much ass if someone wrote/drew fanstuff for icarusdown, but I don't think that many people follow it just yet.
*pouts in a corner*
2. iTunes giftcards, or random mp3's in my inbox that you think I would like. (Which is pretty much everything, barring rap, old country-western, and most things that are overly preach-y. Songs in foreign languages are a plus, and I'm in lust with string-based classical music.)
A fix for my compu issues (which rei_andou is checking into, but the more the merrier!) A (musical) keyboard. <3
4. Gift certificates. Those are filled with win.
5. To quote mouse42, cause she's right: Comfy, interesting looking socks. Because you can never have too many socks. Although, I think I may have too many socks. (You can't ever have too many socks!)
6. Enough cash to go to college full-time and not have to worry about rent or food or bills. (*crosses fingers in hope of a generous millionaire passing through*)
7. Sincere compliments and shameless ego/self-esteem boosting.
8. Book, movie, music, etc. reccomendations.
9. Dream-analysis related books and/or websites. I've had some damned odd ones lately, and a fair number of them involve people getting either maimed, tortured, murdered, or some mixture of the three therein.
10. A plane ticket to Marquette, MI and then a ride up to the Mulligan Plains so I can spread some of dad's ashes. Prefferably with a friend or two for moral support.
...damn, I wish half of my Wishlist didn't cost an arm and a leg. *sigh* Honestly, I love you guys. Anything you got/made me I would love. <3